Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reflections on the past year....

As 2011 fades away it feels like a BIG LOONG nightmare is finally coming to an end. As I let the past year slowly run through my mind and reflect on where I was at this time last year it looks pretty sad. I wonder if it will ever change, but then I also have to stop and think of everything I learned in the past year. The things I could not have learned without walking the pathway I have walked. And my thoughts turn now to some of my dear friends who are walking a rough pathway right now. My heart cries out for each one of you and I wish some way to make it all better in a matter of a minute, but that's not the way life is. I can only point you to the one source of hope and strength that got me through this year.....JESUS!!! A few months back when I had a really rough sick week I was complaining to God that I simply couldn't take any more. I just could not get through it, it was TOO much and suddenly this thought came floating down to me, "Where would you be if Jesus had said that when he was going to die on the cross for you??"  And I had to stop and think. What if Jesus hadn't been able to handle the pain of going to the cross. What if he had given up and said I can't take it?? Where would that put all of us??  If Jesus went to the cross for us, then we can get through anything, too. Because guess what we aren't getting through it alone. He is there every moment of every day and night. Every drop of strength we need for any situation in life in right there before us. Most of the time we are looking for strength in every other place then where it really comes from. My challenge to all of you and myself in this new year is to TRUST God more. Believe him. ASK him for strength. You know as long as we try to do things in our own strength God can't help us. He's waiting for us to let go so he can work.
  So hang on! Smile when your world is falling apart around you! Sing through your tears!! GOD IS IN CONTROL!!!!! He just wants us to trust him.  And when you sink at his feet totally shattered, hopeless and ready to give up he gently picks you up and HIS hands hold you until you have strength enough to keep going. How do I know this....because I've felt the strength of the mighty hands of God many times pick me up when I simply could not take another step.


2 comments: